Monday, June 10, 2013

Embracing our woman

Malcolm X said that the Black Woman was the least protected and most disrespected Woman on the planet. I understand where he is coming from.


I think some (not all) brother’s have forgotten/abandoned our roles…
More Black Men should stand up, recognize the authentic beauty of the Black Women, and put it on a pedestal. If we don’t who will?
What I would say to some Black Men who don’t find the “Natural/Afro/African” look attractive, is your “preference” really your own or is it a programmed one? I understand that the superheroes we watched growing up never saved a girl that had an Afro. All I ask is that you think about it…

What I would say to Black Women is do you find your natural beauty attractive? Do you doubt it because of the attention you may get or lack of? Screw what society says, have confidence and people will eventually learn to accept who you are and respect it…

“The Skin and Hair That You’re In, You’re Already Perfect”. The media portrays a false image of what is beautiful!.

No comments:

Post a Comment